Before and After School Educators
We are currently recruiting for School Age Program Supervisors and Assistants to become part of our talented and committed child care community for the 2022/2023 school year.
If you have a passion to help children ages 4 through 12 learn through play, are looking for personal and professional growth, and want to find a career with purpose and potential, we might be the place for you!
At London Children’s Connection, we see your enthusiasm for play and learning. We see your creativity, and your kind, caring way. We see you.
And we want to show you a place where you can discover the daily wonders of working with children and the privilege of supporting local families before and after the school day.
Hours and Locations of Work
Hours are approximately 7:15 to 9:00 am and 3:15 to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday from September through June. We do our best to ensure educators are placed within programs that are close to their home.
If you are available to work in a variety of locations, you may be invited to join our permanent supply staff.
If you are unavailable to work all hours of program operation, you may be invited to join our supply list. Supply staff must be available to work a minimum of one program shift per week.
Rates of Pay
Starting rate of pay is $17.50 - $23.07 per hour, depending on skills, education, and experience
- Experience working with children between 4 to 12 years of age
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or GED / Post-secondary education preferred
- Standard First Aid with CPR/AED Level C (Don't have this? We can help you get it!)
- Acceptable employment-specific Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) that is dated within the last six months
Additional qualifications for Supervisors:
- Priority will be given to applicants with an Early Childhood Education (ECE) Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma (CYW), Recreation Leadership Diploma or equivalents
Additional qualifications for Assistants working with children with special needs:
- Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE), Developmental Services Worker (DSW), Social Service Worker (SSW), Masters of Social Work (MSW), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Registered Nurse (RN), Child & Youth Worker (CYW) (or currently enrolled as a student in one of these programs)
- Implementing a quality Before and After School Program for children 4 to 12 years of age
- Ensuring the supervision and safety of the children in the program
- Fostering the children’s curiosity and facilitating activities based on their interests and needs
- Building positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues, and school community
- Working collaboratively to support program team to ensure that children with special needs are integrated into the daily program and are able to participate in program activities to the best of their ability
- Maintaining a positive and consistent approach towards child guidance, compatible with the philosophies of London Children’s Connection
- Following the Child Care and Early Years Act requirements and London Children’s Connection’s policies and procedures
Additional position responsibilities for Supervisors:
- Planning a quality Before and After School Program for children 4 to 12 years of age
- Completing certain administrative duties
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please advise the People Services team at hazel [at] lcc.on.ca.
About London Children's Connection
London Children’s Connection is a not-for-profit community-building organization that has been supporting London families since 1974. We provide quality child care and early learning programs, licensed by the Ministry of Education, as well as family support programs that children and families love.
Create a career you’ll love, here, at London Children’s Connection!