Home Child Care Coordinator
Create a career you’ll love, here, at London Children’s Connection!
We are currently recruiting for a Home Child Care Coordinator to become part of our talented and committed Community Home Child Care team.
If you are looking for personal and professional growth, and want to find a career with purpose and potential, we might be the place for you! We want to show you a place where you can discover the wonders of working with children and the privilege of supporting local families.
As a Home Child Care Coordinator, you will be directly supporting approximately 12 Providers and their home child care programs, which offer flexible child care options for children from infancy to 12 years old. You will be integral in recruiting, training, and mentoring Providers, empowering them to develop and provide quality home child care programs that meet the needs and expectations of the children and families in their care.
As a Coordinator for a licensed program, you will support the Providers in your area to ensure that their home child care programs are not only safe and nurturing, but also operate in accordance with the standards and requirements of London Children’s Connection, the Child Care and Early Years Act (2014), the Ministry of Education, and all other applicable regulations.
For families seeking home-based child care, you will be instrumental in connecting them with an approved home child care program suited to their family, and in supporting the relationship between the families and their Provider on an ongoing basis.
Part-Time (3 days per week) - Term Position commencing April 2023 to December 2023
There is the potential for this position to become a permanent part-time, or full-time, position.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree
- Proof of membership in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Standard First Aid with CPR - Level C
- Acceptable employment-specific Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) that is dated within the last six months
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle in order to travel for home visits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently, as well as a team member
- Highly knowledgeable of the needs and developmental stages of children
- Understanding of How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for Early Learning document and the Child Care and Early Years Act, as it relates to home child care
- Proficient computer skills
Ready to apply?
Are you an Early Childhood Educator looking for a great employment opportunity that allows you to mentor others and work with local families? We want to hear from you.
Qualified candidates can email their resumes and cover letters to: Julie Keens, Program Manager at julie [at] lcc.on.ca
Note: Please identify the position you are applying for in your e-mail subject line,
i.e.: ‘Home Child Care Coordinator’.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please contact hazel [at] lcc.on.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
About Community Home Child Care, within London Children’s Connection
Community Home Child Care is a program within London Children’s Connection that is licensed by the Ministry of Education to offer nurturing child care in the safe, approved homes of our carefully selected, self-employed Home Child Care Providers across London and Middlesex County.