Educators for Full-Day Summer School Age Program
We are currently recruiting for School Age Program Supervisors, Child Care Assistants, and Supply Staff Coverage to become part of our talented and committed child care community for our summer programs.
If you have a passion to help children ages 4 through 12 learn through play, are looking for personal and professional growth, and want to find a career with purpose and potential, we might be the place for you!
At London Children’s Connection, we see your enthusiasm for play and learning. We see your creativity, and your kind, caring way. We see you.
And we want to show you a place where you can discover the daily wonders of working with children and the privilege of supporting local families during the summer.
Term & hours of work
- Tuesday July 4 through Friday August 25, 2023
- Monday to Friday
- Program Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- We can work with your schedule and availability
- Summer program locations are various across the city; ability to travel is an asset.
- Supervisors: successful applicants must possess post-secondary training in child/family related studies. In addition, successful applicants will have experience working with groups of school age children in a full-day setting.
- Child Care Assistants, and Supply Staff Coverage: successful applicants will have experience working with groups of school age children.
Early Childhood Educators who meet London Children’s Connection’s qualifications will be considered first.
(Early Childhood Educators must provide proof of registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators.)
Successful applicants must be available for mandatory training sessions prior to July: dates & times to be determined.
- excellent program planning and interpersonal skills
- ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- knowledge of the needs and developmental stages of school age children
- knowledge of, or willingness to learn, LCC’s Policies & Procedures & Program Statement, as well as Ministry of Education regulations
- to provide a safe, healthy environment for school age children through responsible supervision and decision making
- to create a balanced program of activities suitable for a full-day summer program
- to maintain effective communication with parents, encouraging their involvement
Employment for the Summer 2023 Program is contingent upon approval from the School Boards to operate the programs, adherence to enhanced health and safety protocols, and program enrollment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please advise the People Services team at hazel [at] lcc.on.ca.
About London Children's Connection
London Children’s Connection is a not-for-profit community-building organization that has been supporting London families since 1974. We provide quality child care and early learning programs, licensed by the Ministry of Education, as well as family support programs that children and families love.
Create a career you’ll love, here, at London Children’s Connection!